A track record of successful delivery
Since launch Woodseer has successfully been implemented by several financial services clients who demand accurate dividend forecast data with the coverage we provide.
Due to Woodseer’s tailored approach for each client’s specific requirements we are able to boast such an enviable track record.
- Stock evaluation and selection
- Income (and tax) planning
- Options pricing/trading
- Index calculations & rebalancing
- Benchmarking for results
Here is a non-exhaustive list of case studies with some of our clients:
Case Study 1 - Custodian Bank
Large custodian with almost $2 trillion AUM
Two headline requirements:
- much greater coverage than their previous provider
- a consistent level of accuracy
- analyst rationale of forecasts
After extensive testing they concluded Woodseer had equivalent accuracy and near 100% coverage for their required universe of securities in
over 30 countries
Our forecast data is used to offer guidance to their clients (fund managers) on dividend payments within a specified time period.
The client has direct access to our analyst team to ask for clarification regarding specific forecast amounts or dates.
Partnering with us, they have significantly increased the coverage they can offer their own clients with a more cost-effective solution.
The service has been expanded across four locations and further coverage.
Case Study 2 - Hedge Fund
Leading US fund with over $45 billion AUM
Requiring forecasts for two Asia Pacific markets where coverage from their two existing providers was unsatisfactory.
Following a six week trial period we now provide our forecast data for ~2,250 securities as a supplementary source to the PM and his team via our API.
Having initiated the project across one location, the scope has since increased and we now work with teams at a second location.
Case Study 3 - Option Trading Market Maker
One of the world’s leading global market makers
A key requirement of equity options traders, analytics and market making firms is accurate dividend dates which are correctly determined to fall within or outside the option expiry date.
By capitalizing on our unique date rule pattern detection system, which
identifies historical patterns in dividend dates
and uses this sequence to automatically generate forecasts, this client is able to have more certainty over their positions.
- Bespoke tools for options traders
- ETF forecast dates (based on published distribution schedules)
- Extremely accurate equity forecast dates (based on our date pattern detection system)
- A confidence score against each date rule
- Reports on dividends close to option expiry
- Automated tools to maintain associated data
Case Study 4 - Index Provider
A global provider operating 250,000 indices in 80 countries
This client required us to provide two year forecasts covering 1,500 securities for one of Asia Pacific’s most developed markets.
Following a rigorous vetting process we implemented access both via FTP and a further key requirement was our ability to develop
a customised interface
for the client to meet their requirements precisely.
Due to the success since launch the client has
doubled their coverage into a second market
and are expected to continue growing to receive Woodseer’s full global coverage.
- 1,500 securities initially in one market
- Coverage expanded into a second market
- Increasing coverage to be full global universe
- Bespoke web-based interface + daily flat file FTP